Quality Control Manager
(#10919) - Kentucky
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
QC Manager Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Apply for this position.
• Daily supervising of 4 QC department employees
o Lab Tech, Pre-pour/Post-pour Inspectors
• Plan staffing levels. Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire.
• Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the QC department in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff.
• Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
• Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department.
• Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
• Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
• Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
• Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
• Maintain transparent communication.
• Review and verify all testing and inspection reports as required by project specifications
• Inspect and test as required, all materials and cast-in items prior to concrete placement
• Create and verify proper mix designs used for each project
• Inspect formwork, and any casting surface for any irregularities and out-of-tolerance conditions
• Generate tension reports and inspect/monitor tensioning operations
• Check cast-in items for proper size and location.
• Perform daily inspections of batching, mixing, placing, curing, and finishing of all appropriate fresh concrete tests.
• Daily inspection of stripping operations, including verification of concrete strength requirements.
• Inspect product following any repairs to ensure the repairs are completed per the approved details and methods.
• Disposition of non-conforming product, including appropriate documentation
• Completion of all project documentation and quality control records
• Final visual marking and/or coding of product to indicate product is approved to load and ship
• Establish and maintain Quality Systems Manual
• Perform routine checks of prestressing beds
• Maintain calibration schedule and records for all equipment used in Quality processes
• Make color and texture samples for project specifications
• Review and file material mill certificates for all materials