Quality Control Manager
(#10269) - Florida
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a Quality Control Manager in Florida.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for providing quality control, quality assurance and product development services. Develop quality plans, statistical applications and continuous improvements for production activities. This position will develop and oversee the quality control program in addition to serving as the primary technical resource for quality standards and methods.
- Provide leadership, develop, and implement a comprehensive quality control/assurance program.
- Work with production and sales staff to identify and develop opportunities to introduce new or modified products to customer base.
- Develop inspection methods for new processes and new products.
- Develop improved techniques for measuring and evaluating the quality of products.
- Evaluate, justify, and implement new inspection equipment.
- Develop inspection plans when necessary.
- Participate in Company’s Corrective and Preventive Action activities.Prepare mix designs, review and approve laboratory data analysis
- Provide professional technical support, troubleshoot, investigate and resolve internal and external customer concerns including product-placement and/or performance problems
- Review and manage daily test results for compliance with governing codes and company standards and goals
- Educate staff, sales and operations in product application
- Participate in forecasting and planning strategies
- Support local design and engineering community as required and represent the company in industry and professional associations
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance etc.
- Proactively assist in the health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
- Ensure compliance with NPCA, DOT and Company quality standards
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Construction Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- Ability to perform/direct extensive concrete testing
- Experience in resolving technical issues related to product-placement and material performance
- Product knowledge and experience with mix designs
- Excellent skills in collecting and organizing data, project management, writing technical reports and presentations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, problem-solving, creativity, strategic thinking, fostering cooperation and teamwork
- Computer competency using Outlook, MS Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint