(#11059) - Maine
Industry: Concrete Pipe
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Manager in Maine.
Quality Control Manager will be responsible for reading and understanding dimensioned scaled drawings, completing required tests on the concrete products, and implementing adjustments based on the test results. The Quality Control Manager is required to regularly communicate and coordinate with sales employees, the Plant Manager, and shop production employees to ensure the highest quality standards are being met for all products being produced.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Complete pre-pour and post-pour inspections such as; rebar placement, imbed and bond out locations, and dimensional tolerances.
- Review and continuously improve testing and record tracking methods using existing and customized systems.
- Perform aggregate gradations, percent (%) moisture, and other material properties test.
- Create and implement concrete mix designs.
- Trouble shoot and implement modifications following test results.
- Manage equipment performance and calibrations.
- Communicate with customers, designers, and inspectors including various state and federal agencies such as MDOT.
- Lead employees in quality control best practices training.
- Previous experience with concrete batching process, equipment, and software.
- Must be able to read and understand dimensioned scaled drawings.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have solid computer skills.
- ACI Field Tech Grade 1 (unit weight, air, temp, VSI, spread or slump, cylinders, compressive strength); additional ACI, PCI or NPCA certifications are preferred.