(#11134) - Nevada
Industry: Concrete Pipe
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Inspector in NV.
Reviews, records, samples, evaluates, and ensures that all products are manufactured per the Quality Control Standards process and programs.
- Demonstrates willingness to take direction and follows instructions.
- Adheres to schedule and maintains regular attendance at work-site. Works overtime as assigned.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment, returns all tools after use to proper storage location, and performs routine housekeeping (i.e.: cleaning, organizing). Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Identifies unsafe working conditions and notifies supervisor.
- Reviews products during pre-pour/post pour inspections to verify that product is being manufactured at the highest quality levels and processes are being followed accordingly. Verifies that identification tags are created for daily pre-pours and are followed as outlined.
- Interacts with production foremen, supervisors, and managers to have deficiencies in craftsmanship corrected before producing additional products. Makes appropriate notification of any non-complying issues that are discovered during inspections and works to devise a plan to correct such issues.
- Samples concrete for slump, air, temperature, and unit weight daily. Records test results on lab test sheet and concrete testing sheet. Makes recommendations for better quality of product.
- Checks rebar cages for proper placement based on specifications and production drawings. Checks block outs, inserts, knockouts, pulling irons, ground rod holes, and any other addition required after set-up based on drawings. Conducts and is responsible for final inspection after post-pour and records findings on inspection sheet.
- Some coursework after high school with between 1 and 2 years of prior experience
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade 1
- ACI Aggregate Testing Technician- Level 1 within 6 months
- ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician – Level 1 within 6 months
- ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician within 6 months
- Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) certification - Preferred I Aggregate within 6 months
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Familiar with ACI, ASTM, and NPCA manuals and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Email, Spreadsheet, Word Processor)