Project Manager / Estimator
(#9830) - CA
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Project Manager / Estimator with Commercial Concrete experience.
Our client is looking for a proven performer who enjoys working on collaborative teams, thinking outside the box and exceeding expectations.
- Sets safety, quality, schedule, cost, and owner relationship goals.
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up, bid packages and project pre-planning.
- 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of the project scope.
- Reviews project proposal to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources.
- Monitors and reports project cost and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed.
- Manages the scope of work and has mastery of the contract documents.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external project team members to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement and timeline.
- Analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Prepares and participates in forecast meetings and tracks budget vs. actual costs.
- Ensures all purchases, orders, and invoices are properly coded and administered.
- Monitors financial activities to ensure that the project is constructed in accordance to design and budget.
- Prepares and manages the change order process effectively and efficiently by tracking and ensuring all costs are included and accurate and that the project team is aware of potential cost impacts in a timely manner.
- Follows through on contractor pay requests and invoicing.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for management, owner or others.
- Participates in project coordination meetings.
- Monitors and ensures quality control.
- Works with Safety Director to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and safe work practices are in place.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key owners and architects.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out activities.
- Understands means and methods of concrete construction; knows different labor productivity rates.
Understands the turnover process and conveys project information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- 8-10 years of related experience working on commercial concrete projects; or equivalent combination of education and leadership experience.
- Experience with Tenant Improvement projects highly desirable.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.