(#11603) - Northeast US
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Major PCI Certified Producer seeking experienced PM
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of assigned projects from notice to proceed to completion and through the warranty period. He/She will be responsible for effective and timely communication with customers from contract award through project close-out. He/She will work closely with internal personnel to submit schedules/shop drawings and sample/mock-up submittals and approvals, assist with production and trucking sequencing, attend job-site meetings, communicate and coordinate on-site activities of field services personnel, erectors and other subcontractors. He/She will be responsible to ensure project scope is followed and projects are completed on time and on-budget using project scheduling software.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
The complexity of this job is high with high attention to detail, organization and knowledge of all construction activities is essential. Some decisions are made from established well-known procedures, while others require the incumbent to determine their own practices and procedures.
• Direct Reports: APM, Field Supervisor & Field Services when on the project
• Key Internal Partners: Design & Engineering, Sales, Operations and field services
• Key External Partners: Owners, General Contractors, Subcontractors and others
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively maintain diverse relationships with client, subcontractors, jurisdictional representatives, 3rd Party Inspectors, interdepartmental divisions, and any number of project stakeholders and influencers. The PM is expected to extend these relationships through professional communication and exceptional project delivery.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients, as assigned.
• Responsible for coordinating and directing multi-disciplines and project information in a high intensity environment.
• Responsible for the overall quality and coordination of work performed, client interface, reputation, and reflection of the Unistress Team.
• Directs and coordinates activities in coordination with the Project Team that includes DOT representatives, contractor representatives, and Engineer of Record to ensure project information is shared and responded to in order to support the schedule and budget.
• Must be proficient in estimating, scheduling, specification and print analysis and demonstrate the ability to draft progress reports and process billing.
• Must be a leader in SAFETY.
• Be the guardian of the estimating process. Inform the client and design team of the cost ramifications incurred from changes in scope.
• Be a team contributor in value engineering
• Ascertain what, if any, specifications and/or government requirements are to be met.
• Construct estimating, pre-construction and construction project schedule
• Maintaining project security.
• Review risk management issues with Operations Manager.
• Manages all document control of RFI’s, submittals, change orders, correspondence, permits, drawings, specifications, and reports in a systematic and traceable manner.
• Stay abreast of all critical schedule activities and lead items as they change during the course of construction.
• Review short interval schedules with production leadership to assure they are being done.
• Accurately track project cost and budgets and elevate where changes may require change orders.
• Assure that all invoices are processed in a timely manner.
• Close out and settle change order amounts on all subcontracts and PO’s in a timely manner.
• Procure final payment and retainage.
• Prepare a post job review of the estimating process as compared to actual performance.
• Review contents of archive material minimizing duplication.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
• Possess solid knowledge of company policies, practices and benefits.
• Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
• Ability to organize, plan, and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
• Good communication skills.
• Capacity to work in a team environment.
• Use of Microsoft Project to develop and maintain project schedules
• Ability to evaluate project drawings to develop estimates
• Ability to review specifications and educate team members on the project requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience specializing in Construction Management or engineering.
- Adequate knowledge of, MS Word, MS Excel, Project Management tools and MS Outlook, and P6 . Experience with Viewpoint would be a compelling competitive advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of construction/precast project management on complex commercial/ industrial construction projects required.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications, contract documents, and have a good understanding of acceptable construction practices and standards.
- Daily regional travel is required. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Builds trust and respect. Places a high value on collaboration. Is easy to approach and talk to; is empathic and a good listener; relates well to all people throughout the organization. Is viewed as a team player.
- Communicates and acts with honesty and transparency, even in difficult situations. Shares information appropriately. Embraces feedback and listens openly to it, and offers feedback in a constructive and positive manner.
- Customer-focused. Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of customers to support our goal of being the best pre-caster in the Northeast. Builds relationships with employees. Management and customers.
- Ability to decide thoughtfully using data-driven decision making skills. Asks the right questions, and uses data, experience and good judgment. Able to analyze problems and suggest solutions in a timely manner. Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Action-oriented. Acts with a sense of urgency, and with the end result in mind. Prioritizes workload and projects, and eliminates roadblocks. Uses time effectively.
- Takes personal accountability for areas of responsibility. Can be counted on to deliver results that are timely, and meet expectations for safety, quality and quantity.
- Communication skills (oral and written). Ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of settings.