(#11163) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for a PCI Certified plant in the Midwest.
Manages and facilitates the delivery and installation of precast product per customer's requirements by performing the following duties.
• Complete work on a timely basis to assist in workflow to customers and to the plant in compliance with the schedule requirements. Participate in the scheduling process.
• Assist in causing profitability of company. Search for means to reduce the cost of projects while meeting the expectations with our customers.
• Conduct performance reviews with the team CAD drafters. Participate in the performance reviews of the engineers .
• Responsible for oversight of small to large sized projects, ranging in difficulty from easy to hard.
• Assists as support for other project managers on jobs with larger scope.
• Review project cast in plant and assure quality and scope are achieved.
• Manages and oversees contract, original quote, addendums, bulletins, extras, back charges, etc. Communicates change orders to affected departments.
• Coordinate with a team of engineers and CAD drafters.
• Manages and oversees project schedules to be sure schedules are met or improved. Determines and outlines schedules including drawings, production and erection.
• Manages and oversees scope on each project including product quality, quantities, finish, etc.
• Coordinates and issues PO's to subcontractors (Caulking, Detailing, Patching, Engineering, etc.) for work as needed by project.
• Works to problem solve issues that may come up during project.
• Participates in weekly production meetings. Attends project meetings on site.
• Communicates information to all the affected departments including engineering, detailing, production, erector, customers, contracts, sales, etc.
• Coordinates other trade's requirements with precast including mechanical openings, stairways, masonry, steel, and concrete.
• Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Represent company with exceptional customer service. Provide solutions to problems and issues that may arise during the scope of the project. Respond timely to all customer concerns to facilitate the project from beginning to end.
• Some estimating duties may be required as assigned.
• Must adhere to all Kerkstra Precast and MiOSHA safety rules.
• Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.
Education or Equivalent:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Skills Required:
• Must posses a current drivers license and be capable of visiting job sites and professional offices as required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to read and understand Architectural and Structural design drawings including navigating through a set, finding all applicable section cuts, interpreting design intents, recognizing drawing conventions, notations, and abbreviations. Also must be able to interpret project specifications in conjunction with the design drawings. Must be able to lead others through a set of documents.