(#10159) - Northern Virginia
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
United Employment Group is seeking a Project Manager in Northern Virginia.
Our major concrete construction client is searching for a Project Manager who will provide overall management direction on less complex project(s), establish project objectives through planning and budgets, serve as the primary point of contact with the client, and monitor construction and financial activities in collaboration with the Superintendent. The PM is also responsible for the financial results of the project and for safety on the project by perpetuating the IIF culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The PM is responsible for pre-construction duties and works with Estimators to secure projects by providing information based on past experiences relative to project sequencing, equipment, manpower, etc. Other duties of the PM will include:
- Collaborating with Estimating to analyze the market in relation to Company capabilities.
- Examining the scope of work and reviews bid drawings and project specifications to fully understand the customer’s expectations and project requirements.
- Performing site visits to establish logistics plans including identification of safety concerns, site hazards, location of utilities, etc.
- Supporting Estimating in soliciting subcontractor bids and other significant procurement items.
- Developing the construction schedule framework.
- Facilitating job transition, administrative and operations start-up meetings as defined in the Job Management Process (JMP).
- Providing input on project staffing plans.
- Scheduling and facilitating pre-job meetings with the Superintendent, client representative(s), testing lab representative(s), subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Developing a schedule of values to optimize cash flow on the project.
- Collaborating with the project team to:
- Develop a detailed/critical path project schedule to support the construction process
- Develop financial and production budgets for the project which facilitates cost tracking and accounting
- Develop a detailed plan to procure required equipment and materials
- Determine, assign and/or submit material submittals for the project
- Ensure project roles and responsibilities are communicated
- Communicate job set-up information to appropriate support services
- Select major vendors and subcontractors
- Develop site plan, including location of cranes, laydown areas, etc.
The PM will manage the cost and schedule as well as prepare target and feedback information for project team and develop a plan to address issues. Other duties of the PM include assigning and/or executing daily documentation such as change order logs, concrete logs, rebar logs, and other material/equipment logs. Supporting Superintendent by ensuring quantities and time are accurately reported, and reviews project cost reports, job cost summaries and other reports for accuracy. Preparing and submitting periodic project reports including, but not limited to, weekly dashboards, monthly financial reports and forecasts, etc. to operations leadership. Executing the procurement plan for equipment and material. Analyzing the cost of on-site equipment and material. Preparing and/or approves field purchase orders. Collaborating with the Contracts department on issuance of Major Purchase Orders (MPO’s), and subcontracts and approving vendor invoices.
The PM will lead daily meetings with the project team personnel to review project performance. Maintains, updates, and distributes project and all necessary “look-ahead” schedules. The PM will work with the Superintendent to affect positive change relating to project resources as well as coordinate the installation of subcontractor work.
The PM will prepare monthly customer billings, earned value reports, and coordinates follow-up with the Accounts Receivable department on any billing and/or collection issues. Other duties regarding managing the cash flow include:
- Responsible for billing, continual follow-up and collection of retention.
- Approving monthly subcontractor billings and earned value reports.
- Ensuring receipt of work authorization prior to performance and logs all change orders.
- Ensuring timely conversion of field generated change conditions into change orders.
- Preparing and tracking change orders in a timely manner.
- Handling the financial close-out process including obtaining release of liens, bonds, warranties and guarantees.
The PM will manage client relationships by serving as a point of contact with the client, monitors and addresses problems that may impact client satisfaction. The PM will also participate in client weekly job progress and coordination meetings.
The PM will generate and track technical records, including but not limited to, constructability reports, RFI's, inspection records, work packages and deviation reports, as well as be accountable for the work package closure, punch list, project turnover processes, completion of as-built records, and final disposition of records in the project file.
The PM will support the Superintendent to ensure efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment, and other resources, as well as track the physical location of owned and rented equipment.
The PM will Manage all Project Safety and Risk Management Processes including:
- Analyzing the impact of contract changes, disputes, and claims, and identifies the path forward.
- Following Company hiring and recruitment guidelines.
- Overseeing compliance by subcontractors with terms of subcontracts and generates impact notices as needed.
- Managing issues related to compliance (Company and subcontractors) with prevailing wage, workforce utilization, MBE/SBE participation, etc.
- Managing issues related to establishing clinics, managing first report of injuries, and co-worker case management.
The PM will oversee the work of Direct Reports as well as supervise, train, evaluate, and develop direct reports to ensure maximum returns on investment. Other responsibilities will include:
- Addressing complaints appropriately.
- Taking appropriate action to develop direct reports including, but not limited to, preparing and monitoring career development plans, promotions, demotions, lateral moves, corrective action, and progressive discipline.
- Recommending that direct reports receive timely and appropriate compensation.
- Collaborating with HR to ensure compliance with all employment laws, and related Company policies; may be responsible for conducting training or coordinating workshops related to such compliance.
- Providing guidance, direction, coaching, and support to direct reports to maximize individual and overall department performance:
- Responsible for holding timely performance appraisals and progress reviews.
- Assists direct reports in developing short and long-term goals that align with department and Company mission and strategy.
- Ensures direct reports receive appropriate training that aligns with career development plans. Training may be remedial, ‘maintenance’, or geared to promotion
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 4 years of construction related experience; or 8 years of construction related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Office suite, understanding of construction software and the ability to understand, customize and modify spreadsheets
- Mathematical Skills including but not limited to knowledge of mathematical concepts such as cost benefit analysis, cost accounting, etc.
- Ability to effectively present and sell/market information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to develop construction schedule via the critical path method
- Ability to understand contracts, specifications, drawings, and scope of work
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Requires ability to maneuver in and out of job site trailers and various stages of job site terrains
- Must have the ability to exert physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 20 pounds
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package as well as the chance to join a dynamic and growing organization.Apply for this position.