(#10235) - Salt Lake City
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Project Engineer with Concrete Experience Needed
The Project Engineer (PE) is a member of the project team responsible for ensuring the success of concrete construction projects of varying size and complexity. The PE is responsible for supporting the Project Manager (PM) and acting as liaison between the project team and our general contractors and subcontractors. The PE assists the PM in overall project planning including technical construction document management, cost analysis and jobsite scheduling. The PE is responsible for ensuring the PM has exactly what is needed to complete all work on time and within budget, while adhering to our best in class quality standards and promoting the company brand.
The PE will report to the Project Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team.
• Keep the Project Manager, Project Coordinator (PC), Superintendent and others informed about project status and issues that may impact the success of the project.
• Under the direction of the PM, work collaboratively with General Contractors, Subcontractors, jobsite Superintendents, Foremen and Tradesmen to ensure proactive communication, problem solving, and positive teamwork is present on every job.
• Fill in for PM as needed in internal and external meetings, ensuring accurate notes/minutes are recorded and shared appropriately.
• Know and enforce all safety rules and regulations set forth by company, the General Contractors and OSHA.
• Support the PM in all scheduling tasks: update long term schedules, look-ahead schedules, materials and equipment, labor schedules, etc.
• Act as key coach and trainer with Foreman and Tradesmen to build understanding of job designs, plans and jobsite productivity.
• Prepare, review and manage technical construction documents as assigned: RFI’s,
drawing updates, change orders, submittals, as-built documentation, etc.
• Maintain primary responsibility for document control. Analyze all changes in construction documents with potential cost impacts.
• Collaboratively coordinate with BIM/CAD team members to ensure timely and accurate project documents.
• Attend daily stretch and flex meetings with crews, acting as coach, trainer and motivator to all employees representing company’s mission, vision and values at all times.
• With PM, be accountable for analyzing and maintaining job costs to include initial budget review with Estimator and Superintendent prior to work commencing as well as handling weekly/ongoing budget oversight providing feedback to the field and meeting all budget goals.
• In partnership with Estimator, PM and PC, conduct post-job reviews continually looking for ways to streamline processes, improve productivity and lower costs.
• Be 100% accountable and passionate about everything entailed in the job.
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
• Offer perspective, feedback, and ideas for technology and systems improvements to leadership on a regular basis.
• Interface with both internal and external customers positively and professionally.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field and 1-year construction experience OR High School diploma/GED and 3 years’ construction experience
• Experience working in the concrete construction industry preferred
• CAD and construction design/production technology experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Exceptional organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and follow through
• LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) knowledge helpful
• Strong technical computer skills with ability to quickly learn new systems and leverage technology to improve processes
• Demonstrably high level of energy with the drive to always go above and beyond the call of duty
• Ability to cultivate productive internal relationships in a high trust environment with team members from executive level to field tradesmen
• Ability to identify, diagnose and solve problems in a team environment
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project and construction software
OUTSTANDING SALARY AND BONUS PLUS GREAT WORK CULTURE!Apply for this position.