(#10394) - Georgia
Industry: Stone Veneer
United Employment Group is seeking a Production Supervisor in Georgia.
The Production Supervisor directs, coordinates, and leads all production activities to achieve highest levels of performance within manufacturing, oversees and leads all production activities within assigned group to ensure daily, weekly, monthly manufacturing goals and objectives, and is responsible for establishing and driving production standards, quality, labor, and efficiency within the plant.
- Must be committed to working safely and drive to provide quality work
- Supervises personnel to achieve completion of projects on schedule
- Motivates, coaches, trains, and develops employees within the department to ensure employee success
- Prepares and analyzes production data to identify manufacturing and maintenance issues while preventing operational delays
- Inspects and certifies that equipment is operating at optimum performance levels
- Implements an effective preventative maintenance program that reduces downtime and improves equipment life at an acceptable cost
- Works with production leads to develop and assist in the implementation of “on-boarding” and cross-training programs for all plant personnel
- Confirm that plant personnel are proficient with our company and OSHA safety standards
- Support local, regional and national requirements of OSHA to remain compliant
- Develops implementation of standard process of root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Maintains time and production records
- Works with Production Best Practices team to continually upgrade, communicate and train personnel
- Supervises other employees and managers/supervisors.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Operations or Construction Management preferred.
- Five plus years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment within these segments (concrete, pre-cast, wet cast, dry cast or cement manufacturing etc.).
- Proven successful record in managing, motivating and building teams
- Ability to drive cultural change and lead by example
- Experience in process improvement is desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP
- Bilingual in Spanish Preferred!
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, construction blue prints or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in a timely way.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.