(#10194) - Northern California
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a Production Supervisor in Northern California.
The Production Supervisor oversees and participates in the manufacturing of Wetcast concrete products as determined by production schedules, forecasts, and work orders submitted via customer requests. The Production Supervisor ensures each task is completed in a safe manner within the allowed efficiency times.
- Prepare, implement, evaluate, and execute daily expectations of work orders while providing quality product with correct dimensions, quality concrete pours, strength of product, etc. in a timely manner and without continuous overtime.
- Organize the workflow daily based on pour schedules and ensure each team in production is well informed of the daily tasks and deadlines set forth for the day.
- On time, daily reporting of product pours via the reporting system.
- Evaluate and improve processes of production areas for efficiency, production standards, quality standards, and safety.
- Participate in and oversee the process for installing the correct size spacers, mesh, rebar, etc. in the appropriate locations of the form based on the shop drawings directly or through subordinates.
- Participate in and oversee the stripping of forms, after concrete has cured, from concrete process and ensure products with place inserts, connectors, lifting pins/devices, etc. are constructed per shop drawings in preparation for post pour inspection either directly or through subordinates.
- Ensure all employees in the department have been properly trained on manufacturing process, utilization of tools, safety, production demands, quality expectations, dependability expectations, and efficiency goals.
- Ensure employees are on task as assigned and following set safety policies and guidelines set forth by Company.
- Monitor the employee’s in and out punches and evaluates each employee for tardies, unscheduled absences, and/or abuse of time. Approves scheduled days off and ensures that department is fully operational prior to approval.
- Conduct safety meetings (in conjunction with the Plant Manager) for the employees to educate on a variety of topics to encourage safe practices and to make employees aware of the importance of safety.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for all employees.
- Responsible for supervising other employees, which includes discipline, recognition, training, hiring, terminating, giving directives, etc.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Wear required PPE at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings - Required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish - Preferred
- Experience working with a Quality Control program
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Previous supervisory experience - Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Email, Spreadsheet, Word Processor) - Required
- Strong communications skills to include both verbal and written communication - Required
- Preferred experience - Between 5 and 10 years