(#8220) - Ohio
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
This position ensures non-stop production in a concrete block manufacturing plant or location assigned to by overseeing production staff and supervisory personnel. Ensures staff is well trained to effectively comply with productions schedule while following all safety guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Site Manager to ensure on-going operations and production schedules.
- Assists the Site Manager in planning, scheduling and directing overall plant productions.
- Assists in monitoring operating budget and production efficiency.
- Monitor production and initiate corrective action as required ensuring plant follows and complies with safety guidelines, quality control and productions as established.
- Ensure all production, shift and plant supervisors are properly trained and motivated.
- Assist in the resolution of job/customer complaints as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Assist in interviewing, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist in evaluating the performance, training needs, and discipline of direct reports.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- 3+ years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Detail oriented and strong accuracy and concentration skills.
- Must be attentive to critical details and follow procedures while evaluating sample quality.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, web-based data management tools and Internet applications.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must have ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematic or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Prior experience in concrete materials and mix designs a plus