(#11745) - Texas
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a Production Manager in Texas.
Under direction of the General Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible for managing the workforce, productivity, cost control, continuous process improvement, health and safety as well as employee training and development.
- Ensure the efficient management of precast manufacturing operations by overseeing the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepare daily production plan from schedule demands. Utilizing manpower efficiently and have the ability to effectively adjust as needed throughout the production day.
- Accurately track and record metrics, troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Act as a leader in terms of continuous improvement and change management;
- Analyze data drawn from production reports in order to identify possible improvements to better efficiencies and reduce quality defects;
- Communicate, implement and apply company policies and procedures;
- Motivate employees, be a positive source of influence, lead by example;
- Encourage autonomous work by empowering employees;
- Develop a training plan and ensure succession planning;
- Ensure the product quality standards are met through inspections and material testing procedures.
- Administer company safety program ensuring compliance with required training and OSHA safety procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Degree in Construction Management or similar field is preferred.
- Or 5-7 years of work experience in a Production Management or Operations management position within a manufacturing or construction environment.
- Concrete experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Thinks and acts strategically: balances long-term, big picture objectives with day-to-day activities.
- Critically evaluates key factors and reasonable alternatives before making recommendations and decisions.
- Attains results: excels at execution of goals; monitors progress and redirects efforts and resources to ensure goals are achieved.
- Holds self and others accountable for keeping commitments, maintaining standards, and achieving goals.
- Proficient in analyzing information;
- Experience developing budgets;
- Exhibits strong sense of professionalism;
- Strong organization and documentation skills;
- Safety and quality minded.