(#8253) - Nevada
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Plant Superintendent in Nevada.
- Supervises production crews and performs a variety of personnel functions including: recruiting/hiring, training, motivating, evaluating and disciplining.
- Meets regularly with the Safety Coordinator to ensure that safety standards and expectations are being met.
- Meets daily with inventory management to address any issues affecting production.
- Reviews previous days’ production and production loss reports for accuracy and evaluate that operational standards are being achieved.
- Monitors the mold operation, maintenance status and quality of product being produced.
- Regularly preforms and documents inspections of personnel, process and equipment.
- Researches and orders parts and materials for plant use.
- Assists the maintenance department with maintenance requirements, project planning and scheduling.
- Monitors incoming raw materials for quality.
- Reviews equipment records for procedures and efficiency.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of expenditures.
- Assists with raw material and finish goods inventory.
- Evaluates and assists in management of the A/P functions for the dry-cast production departments.
- Regularly facilitates meetings; pre-shift, safety and daily production review meetings.
- Regularly meets with the plant manager
- Completes special projects assigned by management.
- Evaluate and maintains equipment parts inventories and orders parts and components as required.
- Assist with trouble-shooting mechanical, electrical & hydraulic/pneumatic problems
- Forklift operation is required
- Maintains work area clean and clutter free per company standards
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the company or its designated representatives
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read drawings, electrical & hydraulic/pneumatic schematics.
- Requires a minimum of three years as a Production Supervisor overseeing manufacturing environments and managing personnel.
- On-the-job training experience is required to be able to perform duties
- Five years’ experience working and managing concrete manufacturing processes.
- Forklift operational experience is beneficial.
- Requires basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally and written.
- Basic mathematics and counting is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional manner in dealing with employees and the public.
- Ability to act professionally and remain calm in high stress situations.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Operation of mobile electronic equipment may be required.
- Ability to operate personal computer, printer, calculator, copier, facsimile machine and any other office equipment required to perform duties.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Regular attendance is required.