(#8253) - West Coast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
One of the largest manufacturers of concrete masonry products in the Western United States is seeking a
Production Superintendent to oversee two dry cast plant operations.
Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager, this role is responsible for direct plant floor management.
This role will coordinate with the production team to insure continuous successful production.
A successful candidate will reinforce the following essential Operational Priorities:
- Housekeeping (5-S Philosophy)
Master all Machine operator requirements:
- Able to operate all block/paver plant equipment
- Columbia and Tiger equipment knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Able to operate all Sack Plant Equipment.
- Able to operate all Splitting and Cutting Equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all types of molds and setup procedures
Excellent Maintenance knowledge and abilities:
- Maintenance Evaluations, Tracking and repair management
- Demonstrate ability to read and troubleshoot simple electrical schematics.
- Demonstrate ability to read and troubleshoot simple pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Demonstrate ability to read and troubleshoot more complex wiring schematics.
- Demonstrate ability to rebuild cylinders and Hydraulic valves.
- Demonstrate ability to use a multi-function electrical test meter.
- Demonstrate ability to repair and setup molds.
- Demonstrate ability to layout and fabricate from drawings.
- Demonstrate ability to wire and phase for direction single and three phase motors, starters and relays.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of PLC operations and troubleshooting
- Oversee daily operations in the Block, Hardscapes and Maintenance and Mold departments
- Employee Management Training, Performance Evaluations, disciplining and progress acknowledgment as needed, Daily crew assignments, crew time keeping and department time management and reporting
- Review daily production quality, develop and maintain scrap reduction plans
- Be available to accommodate operations during planned production hours
- Demonstrate ability to Train others.
- Plan Daily Production (Production Cards/Sheets)
- Update past production sheets with updated changes
- Raw material management (Aggregates, Cements, Colors, Admixes, Packaging supplies, and other stuff)
- Mold Planning
- Downtime Tracking and Reporting
- Perform Safety Meeting and huddles and maintain Safety Committee commitment lists
- Manage minor projects and required for operations
- Parts ordering and spare parts inventory management
Apply for this position.
*** Qualified candidates must agree to drug screening, physical, and a comprehensive background screening.