(#10989) - Indianapolis, IN
Industry: Concrete Pipe
United Employment Group is seeing a Plant Manager in Indianapolis, IN.
The Production Manager is responsible for all activity on the production floor. The manager is responsible for tactical planning and daily operations related to employee safety, product quality, customer service, production efficiency, preventive maintenance, and NPCA compliance.
- Building a production schedule for the day, coming week and month that uses labor efficiently to meet customer expectations for delivery
- Managing the plant safety program (daily huddles, monthly training, inspections, procedure development, behavioral observations, projects, and enforcement/discipline)
- Developing frontline Leads to assist in all areas of production processes
- Hiring, training and onboarding of new and existing employees to support the plant workload
- Managing monthly budgets and job-based budgets for labor and material spending
- Making improvements to product quality, production efficiency, safe work practices, etc.
- Daily and monthly reporting on labor usage, materials usage, etc.
- Managing raw material and finished goods inventories
- Managing preventative and corrective maintenance of all production equipment, tools and assets
- Managing the purchasing and receiving process for the production area
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous management experience in production, maintenance or quality control required - at least 5 years’ experience preferred
- Bachelors or equivalent work / military experience
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to plan work and successfully develop and implement programs through the direction of others
- Demonstrated competence with MS Office programs, network navigation, and production software