(#6598) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Plant Manager to oversee production at new hollowcore facility
Directs and coordinates all activities that involve production at a specific plant location, to obtain optimum quality, efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing duties personally or through department Managers.
Education or Equivalent:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or five or more years manufacturing experience whose products require engineering and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Precast Concrete manufacturing experience is a plus.
Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
• Directs the Production, Delivery, and Materials departments. Establishes strategic business plans including goals, objectives and accountability process for all Building Products Supervisors. Establish current and long-range operations objectives, plans and policies, and provide for qualified management succession. Prepare and present weekly/monthly activity reports.
• Review sales activities and establish goals and objectives with scheduling to determine production needs and maximize profit while meeting production schedules.
• Communicates with the schedulers to accurately schedule plant production scheduling and purchasing of products.
• Coordinates with purchasing to maintain inventories and look for cost savings measures.
• Coordinate activities with Scheduling, Engineering, Project Managers, and Detailing Manager to improve daily operations, streamline workflow, and eliminate bottlenecks before and during production to increase productivity while maintaining customer deadlines and satisfaction.
• Coordinates site patching work to complete projects.
• Works with human resources to develop employees and manage plant staffing.
• Analyzes department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
• Supports and enforces safety rules and practices personally or through managers, supervisors, and leadpersons.
• Completes employee reviews and works with human resources to finalize process.
• Must adhere to all Company and OSHA safety rules.
• Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.