(#10429) - West Coast
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Plant Manager for small Architectural Precast Plant
Work with VP Operations to be ready with appropriate staffing for jobs as they are released for production.
Work with Project Managers to ensure schedule information is available upon release of jobs.
Work with Purchasing Agent to ensure all materials are ready for production.
Set up each job for efficient production. Keep facilities, equipment in safe operating condition.
Keep facilities in compliance with environmental regulations.
Ensure regular maintenance of stormwater/process water and air pollution control devices.
Direct maintenance/electrician and outside support services as needed.
Work with VP Operations and Project Managers to solve production problems as they come up.
Work with CAD Dept. to achieve shop drawings that production employees can successfully use.
Work with Environmental/Safety Manager to ensure the safety and environment of our plant and employees.
Hire/Fire, Promote and Discipline production employees as warranted. Ensure production employees develop into safe knowledgeable journey workers.
Schedule deliveries and work with truckers to ensure deliveries. Provide load diagrams as needed based on shape and weight.
All other tasks as assigned.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Actively participate in professional development organizations, internal and external committees, and company meetings as requested.
• Foster positive communications and relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc.
• Keep up to date on industry trends and developments and attend conferences as necessary to develop new and innovative thinking for prospective business.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Work with a sense of urgency without allowing things to become a crisis.
• Minimum: High School diploma.
• Some college or equivalent technical training and experience combination equivalent to minimum of 5+ years precast industry experience.
• Finish carpentry, mechanical skills, CAD drawing reading skills,
• Experience in construction related industry a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills including active listening skills and the ability to negotiate to win/win solutions.
• Show increasing supervisory responsibility for production employees. Minimum 3 years experience as Lead or Assistant Superintendent with some experience or training in hiring/firing, discipline, safety and environmental program. Some knowledge of Spanish would be helpful.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or newer, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Organized, detail-oriented, creative problem solver.
• Ability to work as part of a team yet work independently on assigned projects.