(#8082) - West Coast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
This position will be responsible for overseeing block production and secondary operations production; ensuring a safe, comfortable, efficient workplace and developing employee skills to produce quality product. 60-70% hands-on training employees and building a strong team environment.
Responsibilities will include
• Oversees Block Plant, and Yard Management
• Monitors plant expenses, efficiencies, product losses and ensures that there are kept within budget.
• Monitors quality of all materials and finished goods.
• Schedules the hours of all Block Plant personnel.
• Assists in production scheduling of the Block Plant.
• Oversees mold set-up per the requirements of the production schedule
• Checks equipment for proper function and operation
• Schedules and assists with the plant maintenance
• Assigns work to production employees.
• Hires and trains personnel.
• Tracks and reconciles plant inventories.
• Attends and/or leads safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Management or a related field
- Strong knowledge and triaining in continuous improvement process concepts
- Working knowledge of block and associates products is required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing
- SAP experience preferred.
- Requires Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, email skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills required.
- Lifting or moving up to 100 pounds required.