Plant/General Manager - Concrete Reinforcement
(#10377) - Confidential Location; Western US
Industry: Concrete Construction Supplies
A plant/general manager is needed!
Strong experience with “Lean” operations and employee involvement. Excellent communication skills, and a commitment to building on the success of the organization are required characteristics. The ideal candidate will need broad leadership and management skills, strong manufacturing operations knowledge, and a passion for leading a team to achieve success.
- Manages all aspects of manufacturing from raw materials to finished product. Ensures that safety, quality and productivity goals are attained utilizing continuous improvement, teamwork, training, and employee involvement.
- Manages financial objectives by accurately developing manufacturing and maintenance budgets; evaluating, recommending, and managing expenditures; analyzing variances and controlling cost; and proactively initiates corrections when indicated.
- Maintains close partnership with product manager or national sales manager to ensure production and sales objectives are compatible and directed toward obtaining Business Unit Plan and maximizing business unit profitability.
- Oversees engineering, maintenance, capital expenditures, product development, and continuous improvement programs. Evaluates present equipment for modifications and investigates new equipment for higher quality, increased performance and lower operating cost.
Leads supervisors who are responsible for approximately 100-125 employees in the Manufacturing and Maintenance Departments. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Responsibilities include: involvement and oversight of interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; maintaining high morale and employee effectiveness through recognition, accountability, and corrective action; and, addressing concerns and resolving issues with an Open Door Policy.
Extensive professional, technical or administrative training (Bachelor's Degree); broad knowledge of a general technical field such as Business Administration, Industrial Management, or Industrial Engineering; with a working knowledge of computers and software including MRP/ERP, Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and Access.
A minimum of 7 years experience leading manufacturing operations is required.
An equivalent combination of education and work-related experience may be acceptable.
- This person will embody the highest levels of personal integrity and is responsible for establishing and upholding sound and ethical business practices that further the best interests of the Company, the suppliers, and its customers.
- Requires outstanding judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex factors. The ability to plan at a high level while performing the day-to-day tactics of leading operations and paying attention to detail.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills that allow him or her to quickly step into new situations and develop the teamwork to solve problems and create opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills that enable him/her to assess, quantify, and resolve operational issues and trends.
- Proven ability for effective and systemic problem analysis and resolution.
- Exposure to ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations, and company standards.
- Superior people skills that encourage the development of employees through regular performance reviews, feedback, holding self and others accountable, and provides appropriate & effective recognition.
- Ability to drive change throughout an organization utilizing a proven methodology.
- A successful track-record of contributing to the establishment of a prosperous culture via demonstrated operational leadership.
- Strong skills for partnering and collaborating throughout the Company.
- Business orientation and willingness to be a “roll-up-the-sleeves” doer.
- A leader who can quickly gain the respect of others.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and an energetic style; sets the example and creates an environment of high expectations.
- Able to establish and follow-up on key priorities that contribute significantly to the business.
- A hands-on individual, comfortable being out in the operations and with customers rather than office bound.
- A team player, willing to challenge in a constructive manner.