(#11556) - New Jersey
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an Operations Manager in New Jersey.
Responsible for the day to day management and direction of plant manufacturing activities and personnel in the execution of company’s goals and objectives. The General Manager leads and directs production scheduling and planning, inventory management, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, warehousing and distribution at one of the company’s manufacturing sites. This role is also responsible for performance, productivity, safety, efficiency, quality and profitability of the manufacturing site.This position reports directly to Vice-President of Manufacturing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and coordinate the day to day operations of the company’s manufacturing site to ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Execute the manufacturing plan and procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Directs and monitors manufacturing personnel to achieve goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing, quality, efficiency, and safety procedures.
- Promote a continuous improvement process to advance quality, manufacturing and maintenance standards.
- Prepare analyze and issue production and performance reports.
- Proactively plan work assignments in a multi-shift operation to optimize the overall efficiency of the operations for profit, quality and delivery.
- Adequately identify and overcome manufacturing constraints with equipment processes and/or staffing by developing alternative options, adjusting plans accordingly and realigning as needed to meet business needs.
- Quality – Ensure manufacture of product is consistent and held to the highest quality standards.
- Safety- directly responsible for assuring and maintaining safe working conditions and housekeeping standards for the manufacturing operations while enforcing safety rules and regulations. Ensures that proper job and safety training is provided for all employees following OSHA safety requirements and procedures.
- Manages inventory of materials and supplies and ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained.
- Oversee the training and development of production personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment to produce quality concrete products.
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing operations personnel regarding quality standards, safe working environment, policy and procedures, decisions and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Manages and directs manufacturing operations personnel - Plant Manager, maintenance, logistics, and other manufacturing personnel as applicable and is responsible for the performance management of all manufacturing operations personnel.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7 to 10+ years of progressive leadership in a manufacturing environment preferably in the manufacture of concrete products.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing plant processes and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing engineering, manufacturing, business administration or similar/related program required
- Mechanical aptitude along with understanding and experience in machine automation is a plus.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with J.D. Edwards System and/or similar warehouse/inventory system applications
- Basic understanding of economic principles
- Must be able to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Prior supervisory, management and teambuilding skills are essential
- Previous Industry experience is preferred