(#10181) - Southern California
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an Operations Manager in Southern California.
This position is responsible for strategic planning and daily operations related to employee safety, product quality, production efficiency, preventative maintenance, capital improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Building competent leadership and supporting teams through employee development to drive continuous improvement at all levels.
- Able to provide advice and services to maintain and improve plant efficiencies
- Manufacturing metrics / variances, best practices, budgeting, forecasting, procedure manuals and business correspondence.
- Accountable for goals and the financial components of all operations.
- Develop and maintain methods and procedures to help reduce manufacturing costs and costs of related services within plants and assigned region
- Researching and implementing manufacturing best practices
- Breaking down annual/monthly goals into meaningful plant metrics communicating these goals and results to direct reports
- Collaborate with safety, human resources, finance and sales as needed to achieve goals
- Facilitate accurate reporting of production and inventory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Plant or Operations Management
- Technical Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of the Concrete Products industry.
- Process improvement understanding with successful prior implementations (OEE, 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills while maintaining and developing a team atmosphere and commitment to Safety.
- KPI driven
- Demonstrate the ability to delegate, train, motivate and hold employees accountable.
- Exhibit strong oral and written communication skills and effectively present information to top management.