(#11349) - Utah
Industry: Stone Veneer
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Technician in Utah.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in a maintenance position, preferably in construction manufacturing. We desire a committed professional who is excited and passionate about joining our team and working with similar professionals who believe in the company’s vision and promising future. A successful employee in our organization is someone who takes ownership of their position and realizes that safety of our employees is the primary concern of our company, and that efficient operations will ensure the growth of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position is primarily responsible for safe and efficient plant operations by assuring that all equipment and facilities are running at the safest and highest capacity.
- Responsible for managing maintenance best practices within the company.
- Plan and budget for upcoming items and expenditures required to keep the operation running efficiently.
- This is a hand-on role that requires direct knowledge of and ability to maintain, repair and enhance equipment and facility assets.
- Adhere to company policy safety procedures in support of customer-focused order to deliver excellence.
- Initiate, implement, and manage the plant maintenance program based on company best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Drive optimal balance of service to cost and profitability.
- Communicate daily with all Supervisors and Plant Manager in support of reliable planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Tracks work orders, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Track, analyze and improve key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, WO completions, etc.
- Command strong knowledge and proficiency with inventory control processes and maintaining high level of inventory accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in physically demanding manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of performance measurements.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be an advocate for safe work practices at all times
- Electrical experience and knowledge up to 480V Solid interpersonal skills, be able to maintain cooperative cross-functional relationships
- Effective administrator and communicator Certified Forklift Trainer Proficient with Microsoft Excel,
- Word and Outlook Read and write English proficiently, bilingual is a plus but not required
- Must have valid driver's and reliable transportation
- Physical demands include, but not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, standing, climbing, bending, stretching, using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, pull and lift items
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years in a maintenance position
- Preventative Maintenance experience required