(#10230) - Colorado
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor in Colorado.
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager/Superintendent, this position supports the maintenance and molds teams all areas of the maintenance department. Is responsible for insuring that proper preventative maintenance activities are being executed to maximize machinery and equipment life and performance, while collaborating with the plant operations team to proactively address and respond to any issues that impact machine uptime. This position requires a high level of teamwork, problem solving skills and mechanical troubleshooting abilities. Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, automation, and mechanics is necessary. The Maintenance Supervisor will organize, oversee and delegate to a team of technicians actively involved in various technical specialties. The job entails coaching, training, instructing and offering guidance while also being actively involved in one or more of the maintenance activities. Is responsible effective positive management and for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Advanced knowledge of the proper use of:
- Oxygen/acetylene torch;
- Band saws, drills, drill presses, grinders and other shop tools;
- Gear pullers, torque wrenches, plasma cutter, winches, and come-alongs;
- Arc and MIG weld in various positions and types of joints. TIG experience also preferred.
- Multi-function electrical test meter
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safety / OSHA requirements for performing maintenance on equipment and tools
- Demonstrated ability to rebuild cylinders and hydraulic valves
- Demonstrated ability to layout, read and fabricate to construction drawings
- Able to operate startups and shutdowns of critical machinery
- Proficient in all types of power transmission-troubleshooting and repair
- Demonstrated ability to read and troubleshoot wiring schematics and make wiring repairs
- Demonstrated ability to wire and phase for direction single and three phase motors, starters and relays
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant equipment, spare parts, location, and names
- Demonstrated ability to read and troubleshoot simple pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Strength in root cause analysis and project planning
- Proven ability to mentor and train others in both mechanical and electrical aspects
- Proven ability to direct, schedule, and delegate tasks to direct reports
- Ability to plan, oversee, and working with outside contractors, and vendors.
- Keep detailed maintenance records on all equipment and tasks performed on the equipment by maintenance team
- Perform annual performance reviews on all direct reports
- Recruit, interview and hire new maintenance staff as required
- Attend safety meetings, abide by and enforce all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensuring that hazardous conditions are promptly reported and corrected
- Regular attendance is required
- High school education or equivalent. Technical training in related field preferred but not required.
- Five years’ experience as a maintenance supervisor or similar role.
- Ability to use and operate a personal computer, spreadsheet and word processing software, copier, company terminal, calculator, and any other office equipment required to perform duties
- Three years welding and mechanical machinery maintenance experience required
- Advanced Working knowledge of industrial electricity required
- Well versed in LOTO
- Requires good reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Spanish a plus.
- Requires ability to assist with calculations, projections and applications for fabrication and layout
- Ability to operate forklift, man lift, scissor lift, drill press, welders, angle grinders, digital volt meters and any other equipment required to perform duties
- Ability to work at elevations as high as 45 feet
- Valid Driver’s License to operate company vehicle for picking up parts