(#10365) - Kansas
Industry: Stone Veneer
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Manager in Kansas.
The Maintenance Supervisor performs a variety of functions such as equipment installations, repairs, or modification of equipment for generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy in the manufacturing facility.Installs, modifies and maintains all plant buildings, machinery and equipment, including mobile or road equipment and production machinery, in a good state of mechanical repair.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working with and around hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical apparatus.
- Perform duties assigned in the machine shop (i.e. tool & die) as directed.
- Ability to work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new or constantly changing problems.
- Ability to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated and to make decision based on conclusions and findings.
- Installs and repairs a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, and circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems or other transmission equipment.
- Working with blue prints, drawings, layouts, verbal instructions and/or other specs.
- Uses all types of welding equipment, arc, acetylene, brazing, and flame cutting equipment. Capable of laying out and fitting up welding, making jugs and fixtures.
- Uses electricians hand tools and measuring and testing equipment.
- Diagnoses and corrects trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
- Performs visual and mechanical inspections required to keep machinery in good condition to produce a finished quality product to order specifications.
- Follows preventive maintenance program as established by the company and performs inspections of equipment and takes preventive action when necessary
- Maintains buildings, performing minor and major repairs.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Gives on the job direction to new maintenance mechanics and/or others assisting in maintenance work.
- Maintains continuous improvement efforts in work area.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in resolving unexpected events and circumstance.
- Hand and Power tools
- Shop Machine tools
- Testing equipment
- Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micometer).
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of (5) five years related work experience in a maintenance mechanic function, or equivalent related experience