(#7588) - Texas
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Lead in Texas.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic plays an important role in maintaining and repairing our equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. The successful candidate will need to possess the following disciplines: Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic, Troubleshooting, Fabrication and light machining. This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking skilled Industrial Mechanic to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, team-based environment as well as a safety first mindset.
- Responsible for using safety devices and protective equipment and for using safe work practices and methods in the operation of all tools and equipment necessary to complete tasks
- Maintain, install and repair electrical/electromechanical and mechanical component systems for concrete masonry plant equipment for safe and efficient operations
- Have the ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Have the ability to weld and fabricate when needed
- Works and drives towards a team environment
- Safely operate motor vehicles and other mobile equipment including man lift, forklift, skid steer, and others as become necessary in the course of plant repair/maintenance
- Plan work in an effective manner, and keep accurate records of work performed and materials used
- Performs and drives preventative maintenance on all equipment to help reduce unnecessary downtime.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting any conditions that may be hazardous to employees, contractors etc.
- Willing to work outside in all types of weather when needed
- Work safely with members of the maintenance department and all other manufacturing personnel towards the common goal of minimizing downtime and maximizing quality and productivity of the production lines
- Quickly assess issues during breakdowns and communicates with equipment operators and then applies troubleshooting, diagnostic and knowledge to repair equipment in an efficient manner
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of electricity and of electrical/electromechanical maintenance methods
- Knowledge of the rules of safety, especially as they relate to Mechanical and electrical work
- Skilled in the application of methods used in the trade; use of hand tools, testing equipment, and the safe installation of new and replacement parts
- Ability to read wiring diagrams, schematics, technical manuals, and to implement that knowledge in safe work practices
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 90 lbs
- Ability to stand, walks, sit, bend, squat, climb, and use arm and hand movements
- Ability to work at heights on aerial lifts, stepladders and/or extension ladders
- Ability to respond to emergency calls after normal working hours
- Ability to work extended hours to meet production demands
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record