(#9746) - Illinois
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
We're searching for a Maintenance Technician in Illinois.
Perform Preventative and predictive maintenance on plant equipment to optimize safety, quality and production efficiency. Diagnose problems, recommend and perform electrical and mechanical repairs to minimize downtime. Work together as a team with other maintenance staff and production staff sharing knowledge while contributing to the continuous improvement.
Candidates must be able to work day or night shift and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years minimum of industrial electrician experience troubleshooting, repairing and installing electrical control equipment.
- Completion of apprenticeship or electrical trade school education.
- Working knowledge of 480, 277, 110 and 24 volt systems, motor controls and variable speed drives.
- Ability to assist when needed in all areas of maintenance and production.
- Requires standing, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Requires the ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below shoulder level.
- Inspection of production equipment and plant facilities to ensure a safe working environment.
- Works both independently and with teams demonstrating safe work practices.
- Understanding and regular creation and use of JSA’s and Sop’s.
- Performs troubleshooting, breakdown repairs, preventative and predictive maintenance including work orders, accurate time tracking and parts consumption.
- Diagnose, repair and or replace electrical components of machines including but not limited to motors, relays, overloads, cables, switches, sensors and variable speed drives.
- Capable of reading electrical schematics.
- Active participation in all housekeeping.
- All other duties as assigned.