(#10765) - Ohio
United Employment Group is seeking a Lab Manager in Ohio.
Performs analytical tests on samples, using instrumentation and equipment as well as performing calculations to measure such factors as purity, size and hardness, applying arithmetic.
- Assist in the development of improved procedures for new product introduction.
- Develop and implement Statistical Process Controls in Lab.
- Supervise Lab Technicians and ensures on-going development, feedback and coaching.
- Maintain databases used for raw material quality and for assisting with shrinkage control.
- Utilize testing data from equipment such as dilatometer, particle size analyzer, TGA/DTA, Instron, SEM, etc.; troubleshoots and maintains equipment.
- Perform material and data analysis a part of Quality Assurance Program and Research and Development.
- Develop and perform methods of testing integrity and reliability of formulations.
- Supports manufacturing and quality teams with data-based analysis and conclusions
- Coordinate and run trials to evaluate raw material and process performance
- Determine consistency of measurements and color of product through mathematical formulas, processes and procedures; weights and measurements as instructed
- Test and conduct routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in-process, and finished products, using variety of testing devices and procedures to maintain product quality
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electrical meters and handling equipment in performing duties
- Follow all required work safe practices including lock-out tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic Engineering or closely related engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years operations experience in a Quality Assurance or manufacturing environment; or internship/co-op experience at a minimum
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of ceramic processing, material testing, and characterization
- Knowledge of the clay industry with technical ability to include Production and Lab Kilns and Quality Control.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply results effectively
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are mandatory
- Ability to work with all areas of the brick manufacturing operation including quarries, raw material analysis, production, packaging, shipping, etc. and be highly safety conscious