(#9746) - IL - Traveling Position
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an Industrial Electrician
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and correct PLC programming problems to minimize downtime.
- Diagnose, repair and or replace electrical components of machines including but not limited to motors, relays, overloads, cables, switches, sensors and variable speed drives.
- Performs troubleshooting, breakdown repairs, preventative and predictive maintenance including work orders, accurate time tracking and parts consumption.
- Capable of reading electrical schematics.
- New equipment installations and commissioning.
- Works both independently and with teams demonstrating safe work practices and sharing knowledge while contributing to overall manufacturing continuous improvement.
- Understanding and regular creation and use of JSA’s and Sop’s.
- Active participation in all Health and Safety programs and general housekeeping.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical education in the field of electronic plc maintenance and programming; Specific paver equipment training preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience troubleshooting, repairing, programming and installing electrical control equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of Siemens PLC systems including Step 5 and 7 PLC diagnostics and programming.
- Working knowledge of 480, 277, 110 and 24 volt systems, motor controls and variable speed drives.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge and use of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Ability to assist when needed in all areas of maintenance.
- Multilingual (Spanish and or German) preferred.