Hydraulic Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Assembler
(#11467) - California
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
Construct & assemble truck and trailer mounted, hydraulically powered cranes by operating various tools and equipment to complete different job functions based on a pre-determined schedule.
• Demonstrates willingness to take direction and follow instructions.
• Perform work as part of a multi-functional team.
• Maintains a clean, organized, safe work area at all times.
• Perform routing and installation of hydraulic hoses, fittings, valves, and other hydraulic components.
• Assembles and installs electrical system, junction boxes, and vehicle interface wiring.
• Reads assembly drawings and associated hydraulic & electrical schematics to perform work.
• Use critical thinking skills to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical routings, and interface with teammates and supervisors to develop solutions.
• Advises supervisor of any issues after daily inspections of the cranes are completed.
• Additional tasks as required.
• Preferred Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings
• Proficient in utilizing tape measures and basic hand tools including, but not limited hammers, wrenches, power tools, welding torches, etc.
• Preferred experience in hydraulic or electrical assembly or repair of mobile equipment or industrial machinery.