(#11762) - Maine
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a General Manager in Maine.
A privately owned concrete products producer is seeking a General Manager. This position reports to the CEO and will run all day to day business operations. The position directs all aspects of company operations, including managing employees, bottom line financial performance, setting overall direction and goals for manufacturing, sales management, quality, safety, new business development, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that the business unit being managed maintains alignment with the company's stated vision, values, objectives, and goals
- Ensures compliance with company policies
- Reviews and approves all purchase requisitions and invoices for payment
- Determines staffing requirements and approves every hire and termination decision as well as all compensation adjustments
- Oversees manufacturing, dispatch, human resources, purchasing and material planning managers to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs, prevent operational delays and meet customer on time delivery
- Interfaces with executive management on all capital improvement projects
- Directs and coordinates activities to develop and implement short and long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives
- Reviews business improvement activities, costs, operations and sales forecast data to manage company progress toward budget goals and objectives
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business planning, including sales pricing, cost control and overall financial performance.
- Monitors operation’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in order to manage operational costs.
- Develops the long term sales pipeline by cultivating key relationships with customers
- Ensures accurate sales forecasts are developed which are based upon market trends, future projects being tracked in the sales pipeline, and sales history
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the company’s current product portfolio and actively seeks to develop the sales of that portfolio in the local market
- Ensures that customers’ expectations are being exceeded by the sales force with regards to customer service, availability, and that deliverables are received ahead of schedule.