Formwork Project Manager
(#9922) - Atlanta, GA
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Project Manager with Commercial Concrete Experience.
The Project Manager will act as a liaison between the Superintendent and clients & between the Superintendent and contractors/vendors. This person will be responsible for preparing/maintaining progress schedules, preparing monthly progress payments, preparing change orders, checking shop drawings, negotiating material and equipment buyouts, and preparing cost and progress reports. This position will require a high degree of autonomy and decision making with respect to decisions that may ultimately affect the schedule and profitability of assigned projects.
- Establish relationships with clients/subcontractors to enhance the ability to perform negotiated work.
- Recommend strategies to improve project profitability/quality & implement strategies as directed.
- Track actual labor and material costs vs. estimated to ensure the job stays within budget.
- Material takeoffs, Change orders, Punch-outs, and Close-outs.
- Analyzes job risks and develops solutions to eliminate those risks.
- Identify and resolve issues that can jeopardize agreed upon deliverables.
- Enforces safety with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to see projects through to completion on time and within budget.
Building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors.
- Effective communication, leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Working knowledge of concrete formwork construction equipment/techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards.
- 3 + years’ experience in the commercial concrete industry.
- Experience with Excel and construction software/programs.
Complete understanding of financial, scheduling, and risk management processes.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Ability to be proactive
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously.