(#11589) - North Carolina
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Fleet Manager in North Carolina.
Fleet Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, leading and continually improving the management systems in alignment with organizational Strategic Objectives; and developing high performance teams to achieve the objectives. Process responsibilities include Safety, Quality, Delivery, Maintenance (facilities, equipment and fleet), Capital projects and Process Improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively recruit, select, on-board and develop leadership and team performance by providing clarity of strategies and expectations in alignment with organizational goals.
- Manage company assets through the development and implementation of systems to maintain and improve materials inventories, facilities and equipment; and identify, justify and implement capital improvements in alignment with company strategies.
- Manage the complete life cycle of all assets to maintain a safe, efficient, reliable and productive modern fleet. Create systems to monitor economic performance of each asset and develop analysis to select, qualify, procure and disposition assets aligned with the strategic objectives.
- Manage the capacity of the facilities, equipment, staffing and skills to ensure that key performance metrics targets are achieved in alignment with customer demand and strategic objectives.
- Maintain robust quality systems to ensure services meet performance, regulatory requirements and cost objectives. Continually improve the cost-effective use of labor and materials through scientific data-driven problem-solving methodologies (i.e.: Lean Six Sigma).
- Manage performance metrics and reporting to focus improvement activities and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical specialty (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in managing a truck fleet / heavy equipment maintenance facility
- Must have a valid driver’s license (CDL Class A or B license is a plus)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products (fleet management software experience is a plus)
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (communicate well at all levels within the organization)
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement efforts and contribute to the success of a team