Field Project Engineer
(#7652) - Colorado
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Immediate need for Field Project Engineer with this outstanding employer!
UEG is seeking an experienced Field Project Engineer to join a MAJOR Commercial Concrete Contractor in Colorado! This position will independently perform a variety of support for one or more major concrete projects. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, be self-motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritize work to ensure that all tasks and projects are completed on time with the utmost attention to supporting the Field Operations.
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive salary!
- Comprehensive benefits package!
Opportunity to work with some of the foremost professionals in the concrete construction business!
As a Field Project Engineer, you will be working on-site in a fast-paced construction environment independently performing a variety of support for one or more major commercial concrete projects.
- Receives and distributes project design documents.
- Reviews, approves, and submits rebar shop drawings.
- Prepares concrete structure and formwork drawings for assigned projects incorporating information from project drawings, bulletins, sketches, RFI responses and shop drawings provided by other trades and coordinates drawing submittals with customers.
- Assists in the design and detailing of forming systems.
- Reviews and analyzes the project documents identifying drawing and specification conflict, insufficient information, and missing dimensions, while contributing ideas to enhance project productivity and cost efficiency.
- Coordinates deliveries, inventories, shortages and fabrication discrepancies for all reinforcing steel for the assigned project.
- Assists the project team in establishing the sequential steps involved in all processes with the scope of the project and adapts schedules and work tasks accordingly.
- Works closely with the project team monitoring the safety, cost, and scheduling of construction projects.
- Troubleshoots and resolves concerns regarding structural design with project team.
- Contributes to the projects safety goals by reducing hazards during the design planning state ensuring that all formwork systems meet construction and safety standards.
- Assists in the coordination of material purchases, deliveries, tracking and forecasting ensuring maximum utilization of physical resources.
- Assists with the development and coordination of material and equipment schedules and promotes their efficient use.
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities.
- Prepare or revise engineering drawings, office forms, charts and similar documents as directed.
- Provides documents for engineering and construction activities.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships to enhance the company’s ability to procure projects.
Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
As a Field Project Engineer, you must be highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Construction Engineering, Construction Management, related degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of work experience successfully supporting similar key responsibilities meeting and exceeding performance expectations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries and job site productivities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Preference given to candidates with the following experience:
- AutoCAD / BIM experience utilizing Autodesk Design Suite software.
- Possess knowledge of construction field engineering from pre-construction to completion.
- Concrete estimating experience.
- Knowledgeable of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Knowledge of web-based project management software tools for managing and tracking projects and tasks.