Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
The Field Engineer will survey and evaluate existing structures and prepare the associated inspection reports. He/she will communicate the assessment results and follow up plans with the Territory Manager. The Field Engineer will confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and insure issues are effectively brought to resolution. Additionally, this role is responsible for providing technical sales support to enhance existing customer relationships and to assist with securing new ones.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Surveys and evaluates existing structures for maintenance and repair needs. Prepares and issues associated inspection reports for use by the customer and Territory Manager.
2. Communicates assessments and follow up plans with Territory Manager.
3. Engineers all structural repairs within assigned territory.
4. Reviews calculations, structural drawings, and construction documents and related questions as required. Refers questions or seeks technical as needed.
5. Researches building codes and specifications as required.
6. Provides technical sales support to BDR’s for prospective customers and existing clients.
7. Provides technical advice and guidance to project personnel and subcontractors as needed.
8. Consistently attends technical seminars and training programs to insure subject matter expertise is up to date and honed.
9. Assists with training new Field Engineers as needed.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• B.S. or M.S in Civil/Structural Engineering, P.E. preferred.
• 1-5 years’ experience designing and detailing new concrete, steel and masonry structures.
• Working knowledge of: AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Google applications, MS Office products.
• Strategic problem-solving aptitude.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility in a fast paced, evolving work environment.
• Willingness to train at home office for approximately six (6) months and then be deployed to assigned geographic territory.