Estimator / Commercial & Civil Concrete
(#9453) - Seattle Area
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Commercial & Civil Concrete Contractor Seeks Estimator
Provide and/or coordinate full estimating services on large, complex work and all types of contracts. Must have the ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum supervision.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and manhour figures.
- Review proposals specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to backup estimate figures.
- Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Track awarded contracts as required - may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit; procuring materials, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4 - year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience.
- 5 - 8 years estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems, and accounts required.
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus the ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential.
- HCSS software proficiency preferred.
- Medical / Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Compensation: DOE
- Benefits also include paid vacation and company paid holidays
Apply for this position.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong, dedicated, reliable individual to join a growing company.