(#7065) - Northeast US
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
We are currently seeking an Estimator for a PCI Certified Plant in the Northeast.
• Tracking projects for prospective bidding & acquiring bid documents.
• Review and interpretation of Bid documents, including drawings, specifications and other contract documents; as required, to facilitate preparation of detailed labor and materials estimates and proposal/scope.
• Coordination with all in-house company departments including engineering, purchasing, production, hauling and field operations, as required to prepare estimates.
• Coordination with subcontractors and vendors as required to prepare bids. Preparation of detailed labor & materials estimates.
• Preparation of detailed Bid Proposals.
• Review completed estimates & proposals with supervisor prior to bid.
• Reporting and documentation of all correspondence both inside and outside of company. Participate in negotiation of contract specific scope & secure signed contract.
• Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Construction, Architecture or Structural Engineering with a minimum five (5) years of experience in the precast prestressed concrete industry.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills both written and oral.
• Strong understanding of architectural and structural engineering concepts associated with precast prestressed concrete construction.
• Excellent computer skills; including mastery of Excel and Lotus spreadsheet programs as well as Microsoft Word & Project.
• Familiarity with AutoCad & BIM modeling software a plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good working knowledge of construction means & methods for large commercial construction building projects.
• Preparation of conceptual budget estimates and proposals. Participation in preparation of forecasts and reports.
• Knowledge of precast bridge construction.