Electrical Maintenance Engineer
(#7339) - Northeast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical and mechanical systems, , and electrical/electronic and mechanical components of industrial machinery and equipment within concrete paver production plant. Provides technical support for all maintenance personnel.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Provides technical support to Maintenance Department on all electrical/electronic matters.
- Directs, tests, diagnoses, and repairs/replaces malfunctions in relation to Programmable Logic Control Programs, DC drives, AC drives, motors.
- Creates and maintains electrical drawings and schematics.
- Plans layout and functions of controls, wiring, plumbing, systems and power distribution.
- Provides support for special projects including, but not limited to, component selection, controls recommendations, vendor recommendations, and installation.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to drawings, specifications and safety.
- Writes and/or modifies PLC programs as equipment changes warrant.
- Provides technical support for all controls, measuring devices, chemicals, and test equipment.in the business unit’s facilities
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Maintains database and policies to keep in compliance with established safety and reliability standards and requirements
- Maintains accurate database documenting the electrical power distribution system of each facility
- Recommends and implements proper and timely predictive/preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment.
- Maintains proper logs and records on all equipment.
- Maintains time and maintenance records as required.
- Provides technical support in the selection of components for upgrades.
- Stays current on developments in the industrial electronics field through continuing education
- Initiates and suggests plans to improve electrical equipment performance.
- Develops and implements training for all maintenance personnel.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Broad knowledge of a technical field applicable to Electronics Technology , Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Industrial Electronics including a working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD), AC and DC drives, PLC Control Logic; computer skills including Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office
- A minimum of 5 years work-related experience is required.
- A strong background in troubleshooting German production machinery and schematics is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and work-related experience may be acceptable.