(#10425) - Southeast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an EHS Supervisor in the Southeast.
- Manage environmental project activities including, scheduling, tracking and planning for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans.
- Interprets data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advises management accordingly.
- Participate in workers compensation claims process with Management, HR and carriers; including accident investigations, monitoring of claims, and proper reporting and follow-up.
- Negotiate settlements of all citations and responses to OSHA and environmental compliance issues.
- Develop and implement sampling and monitoring plans which may include installing, operating and maintaining equipment which monitor air, land, and/or water pollution levels.
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering and any other related department on equipment guarding, design, installation and compliance.
- Prepares and submits to the relevant regulatory agencies permit applications to obtain operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing permits.
- Evaluate current and proposed codes, standards, regulations and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in Science field, plus 2+ years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to work in partnership with managers to lead, provide direction, coach, mentor and problem solve.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations
- Must be willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field identifying potential issues through frequent observation and seeking individual input at the work area to verify root cause.
- May require traveling up to 50% of the time.