(#10092) - Southeast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an EHS Manager in the Southeast.
Responsible for the overall EHS compliance. Implements procedures and programs to minimize environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties:
- Manage environmental project activities including, scheduling, tracking and planning for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans.
- Develop a compliance strategy(s) to meet regulatory requirements.
- Interprets data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advises management accordingly.
- Participate in workers compensation claims process with Management, HR and carriers; including accident investigations, monitoring of claims, and proper reporting and follow-up.
- Negotiate settlements of all citations and responses to OSHA and environmental compliance issues.
- Develop and implement sampling and monitoring plans which may include installing, operating and maintaining equipment which monitor air, land, and/or water pollution levels.
- Assess environmental risk of activities and advises team members of environmental impact.
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering and any other related department on equipment guarding, design, installation and compliance.
- Develop strategies to obtain environmental operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing installations.
- Prepares and submits to the relevant regulatory agencies permit applications to obtain operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing permits.
- Evaluate current and proposed codes, standards, regulations and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future programs and activities.
- Prepare technical documentation for management's use when dealing with regulatory agencies and other internal/external needs.
- Coordinates professional development opportunities for Plant Managers, General Managers and EH & S Coordinators.
- Develops appropriate safety training materials and facilitates training sessions as needed
- Maintains working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in Science field, plus one to two years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to lead, provide direction, coach and mentor and problem solve
- Willingness to work with all levels of the company to achieve safety expectations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret plant safety procedures and metrics
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations
- Understands the value and importance of the hands-on approach
- Must be willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field identifying potential issues through frequent observation and soliciting individual input at the work area to verify root cause