Corporate Engineer (PE)
(#10805) - Utah
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a Corporate Engineer (PE) in Utah.
Provide all structural/civil engineering support for all of the company's plants and personnel necessary for the promotion, sale and manufacturing of precast concrete products. This requires extensive drawing work with AutoCAD along with the ability to develop a thorough understanding of the structural design requirements of all products the company manufactures.
- Provide timely line layout, project details and submittal packages to the manufacturing facilities and sales personnel for compliance with the project requirements
- Provide stamped structural designs for full range of precast products manufactured by the company including pipe, box culverts, catch basins, manholes, wingwalls and other precast concrete products
- Review contract specifications and plans for bidding purposes and to prepare detailed takeoffs and plans when necessary
- Perform design of products as necessary to support projects as requested by project coordinators, sales and manufacturing. This includes preparation of detailed structural design calculations and drawings sufficient for product approval and manufacturing.
- Prepare line layout drawings for pipe and box culvert projects, including all interface details with existing structures and details for wyes, tees, fittings as necessary for submittal to contractors/owners and as required for manufacturing to produce the products.
- Ability and initiative to become knowledgeable with design concepts and theory for all current products including pipe, box culverts, manholes and rubber gasketed joints
- Ability to learn and apply design concepts for any new products company acquires including retaining walls, three sided structures, etc. as necessary to support corporate growth
- Visit job sites to aid sales and manufacturing in addressing contractor/owner issues arising from the laying of pipe and/or any field problems
- College degree in civil/structural engineering with four to six years experience
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD
- Utah PE with ability to obtain registration in NV, AZ, WY within 6 months maximum