(#10046) - Northern TX
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
United Employment Group is seeking a Concrete Superintendent in Northern TX.
Summary of Position:
Performs those duties as required for the overall supervision and management of concrete finishing projects including but not limited to commercial, tilt-up, architectural, industrial, and high-rise structures.
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience with supervisory responsibilities
• Current American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Flatwork Finisher and Technician Certification
• Leadership - Promote a professional atmosphere for not only other company employees but will act as the daily, on-site point of contact with General Contractors, and as required, project managers, Engineers, Architects, and Owners.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of supervisory and managerial functions under the direction of the general superintendent and job-specific project manager to achieve profitable and quality-oriented projects.
- Ability to set-up and monitor laser-based control systems for slab-on-grade (laser-screed) and slab-on-deck or structural slab (hand screed) concrete placements.
- Ability to verify specified floor flatness and floor levelness performance criteria using appropriate test methods and equipment and report preparation.
- Performs timely and accurate reporting of daily time for all relevant on-site staff.
- Performs daily record keeping ensuring accurate accounting of job progress, problems, resolutions, etc.
- Reviews plans, specifications, estimate, contract and other project documents to become familiar with project requirements and scope.
- As appropriate, prepares and participates in project hand-off meetings prior to the commencement of work with estimators, project managers, superintendents, and general superintendent to ensure the most efficient and profitable project implementation.
- Plans and prepares for project implementation by outlining questions and concerns and ideas regarding the project and in performing preliminary material takeoffs/calculations, time and resource scheduling, equipment needs evaluations, etc.
- Establishes a professional rapport with the General Contractor Superintendent/Project Manager and acts as the on-site company representative as applicable.
- As directed and with the assistance of the general superintendent, project manager and superintendent, generates the necessary project documentation to track information, ask questions, resolve problems, and monitor extra work requests, change in scope, and other project correspondence including but not limited to Requests for Information (RFI’s), project schedules, Change Orders, Field Directives, Work Orders, detail sketches, etc.
- With the assistance of the project manager and general superintendent, reviews and utilizes project cost reports to track project performance and to ensure profitable and well-managed projects.
- Performs on-site pre-inspections and coordination with superintendents and other trades to schedule the location and continuation of the work.
- Is responsible for the day to day planning, implementation, and monitoring of all project safety requirements including safety discussions, toolbox talks, incident reports and coordination with the company safety representative.
- Is responsible for the supervision of crew(s) during the workday and for procuring materials and services as needed for planned activities without interfering with crew supervision.
- Acts as a mentor and develops other company staff by providing on-site training and the development of good morale both on and off the job.