(#9882) - Nevada
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're seeking an experienced Commercial Superintendent with a strong work ethic.
The Superintendent will provide day-to-day oversight of assigned construction projects, which includes coordinating the work of various trades and contractors, ensuring that jobs are sequenced correctly, evaluating workmanship and quality, ensuring that the project schedule is being followed and that the project is within budget, and ensuring that trained workers are available as scheduled. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of relevant experience with a General Contractor working on commercial and industrial projects with costs ranging from $2MM to $400MM.
Candidates with experience coordinating and scheduling subcontractors, strong knowledge of concrete work, and experience in computer scheduling are highly preferred.
- Manages and directs all job site activities related to assigned projects from start to finish.
- Oversees self-performed labor and subcontracted work to ensure project completion.
- Communicates daily with job foreperson and craftspeople to ensure planned production.
- Meets all project goals, which includes conforming to plans and specifications and monitoring and maintaining the project budget.
- Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings at the job site.
- Recognizes potential back charges and delays and responds accordingly.
- Generates and follows up with RFI's.
- Communicates directly with subcontractors to ensure that the working set of plans is updated with as-built conditions in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the Project Manager and team on all project related issues, changes, or delays.
- Manages safety on the site to the standards established by the safety department and OSHA.
- Helps the Project Manager and team with project closeout activities.
- Communicates with Owners and public entities in a manner consistent with the standards and core values of the company.
- Maintains and relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of this job.
- Ensures quality of work performed on project by all trades.
- Creates and updates project schedule and tracks delays and changes.
- Reviews and checks shop drawings by trade, ensuring conformance with drawings and specifications.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position with a General Contractor working on commercial and industrial projects with costs ranging from $2,000,000 to $400,000,000
- OSHA 30 Certificate required
- Must have knowledge of commonly used field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must be able to track self-performed work and stay within budgets
- Experience in coordinating and scheduling subcontractors is a plus
- Strong knowledge of concrete work is a plus
Experience in computer scheduling is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance