Block Plant Manager
(#8421) - FL
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
- Ensure the efficient management of operations of a multiple shift concrete block production facility
- Optimize efficiency, productivity and equipment performance in order to meet objectives within the block plant
- Ensure the proper functioning of concrete block making equipment and identify potential problems;
- Act as a leader in terms of continuous improvement and change management;
- Ensure compliance with Standards and Operation Procedures
- Analyze data drawn from production reports in order to identify possible improvements, reduce losses and the number of breakdowns as well as improve efficiency;
- Communicate, implement and apply company policies and procedures;
- Motivate employees, be a positive source of influence, lead by example;
- Develop a training plan and ensure succession planning.
- Ensure the product quality standards are met through inspections and material testing procedures.
- Manage capital improvement projects including design, engineering, scheduling, purchasing, budgets and installation.
- Administer company safety program ensuring compliance with required training and OSHA safety procedures.
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner, accurately track and record KPI’s, troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
Block Plant Manager Requirements:
- 7+ years of management experience in the concrete products industry; specifically concrete block production
- Min. of 5 years of Besser Block equipment experience
- B.S. in business or construction management
- Master Blockmaker preferred
- Excellent proven leadership and change management skills;
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to develop and maintain excellent business relations both internally and externally;
- Mechanically inclined with excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Strong abilities in planning, organizing, project management, and problem solving;
- Able to work flexible schedules including nights and weekends when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with of Microsoft Office tools and ERP systems;
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing