Assistant Plant Manager
(#9480) - Southeast US
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Major PCI Certified Producer hiring Assistant Plant Manager to oversee Safety, Production and Quality
• Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the company.
• Manage operations to meet Safety, Quality, and Production Goals
• Enforcing safety rules, policies and procedures and ensuring that all Employees are adhering to the policies contained within the Company Safety Handbook
• Ensuring that all Employees are trained in all safety issues, that they act responsibly and that the equipment and facilities are safe
• Work closely with Management team to reduce plant inefficiencies
• Directly supervise up to 200 hourly employees in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws
• Prepare reports as needed
• Communication and coordination of information with Employees from all departments
• Distributing manpower as needed to maximize efficiency
• Review Production schedule and work orders
• Control production's adherence to schedules and if needed make necessary and deemed changes in order to meet production goals
• Attend, participate, and lead Department and shift meetings
• Maintain accurate and up to date information as required using available technology
• Review reports for accuracy
• Motivate and train Employees to overcome challenges and achieve targets
Essential skills and experience:
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent Leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3 to 5 years of Management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Kanban, Kaizen, SS and other techniques to improve production and quality preferred
• Previous experience working in the Precast industry is preferred