Account Manager - Forming & Shoring
(#11506) - Florida
Industry: Concrete Construction Supplies
Seeking driven, goal-oriented, and strategic Account Managers who are seeking for a long-term career in the world of concrete construction!
We are seeking driven, goal-oriented, and strategic Account Managers who are seeking for a long-term career in the world of concrete construction to join our team! Do you have what it takes?
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with current and new customers, while achieving sales goals/objectives.
- Identify potential customers and make cold calls that result in meetings and convert prospects into actual sales.
- Develop both new and existing accounts and expand business through face-to-face contact with the customers.
- Maintains a customer/prospect database that contains the names, addresses and actual phone numbers of actual and prospective accounts as well as all the names of the officers and key office and field personnel that represent these customer/prospects. Regularly uses and maintains customer/prospect database.
- Communicates clearly and collaborates with engineering, as required, to insure accurate proposals.
- Prepares proposals and obtains appropriate managerial approval.
- Drafts final proposals, ensuring management approval and customer signatures are obtained.
- Presents proposals while selling the features and benefits of our products to close sales.
- Partners with engineering for jobs under contract and obtains approved drawings.
- Conducts regularly scheduled jobsite service visits instructing the workers in the proper and safe utilization of equipment thereby shortening their learning curve.
- Ensures that the customer is satisfied with the equipment and the production he/she is obtaining and ensures proper recording and coordination of shipments and returns.
- Accountable for all credit interactions with the customer including obtaining contractor approval of invoices, making adjustments through credit requests and insuring prompt payment, as well as preparing and distributing monthly account status reports. Additionally, settles accounts as soon as possible after the last major return of a project regarding lost material, damaged product, cleaning, freight and final returns.
- Timely and accurately completes weekly sales reports and provides information as needed for backlog and sales projections.
- Visits job sites as required.
- Continually builds product knowledge.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Some overnight travel as required. Additionally, may be called upon to make sales or service calls outside of the designated territory as needed.
- Collaborates with the Sales Manager and Branch Manager, ensuring company and branch sales initiatives are aligned and achieved.
- Bachelor's Degree: Concentration in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have knowledge of the Construction industry
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in outside sales / account management: preferably in the Concrete Construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet quotas
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience setting sales goals
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have strong qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective selling and problem-solving skills