2nd Shift Supervisor
(#10542) - Ohio
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a 2nd Shift Supervisor in Ohio.
- Operation of plant equipment as needed - Must have a ‘hands-on’ philosophy
- Ensures that the shift staff is performing daily checks as per established schedules on all plant equipment
- Co-ordinates with Plant Manager to ensure optimum performance
- The ongoing training of plant staff on their shift in matters of safety, skills and knowledge of the plant equipment to perform their duties in an efficient matter
- The standards established for day-to-day operations relating to start up, mold changes, clean up or other routines are met or exceeded.
- Performs or ensures that the shift staff carry out running adjustments and minor repairs to any and all plant equipment as needed
- Performs or ensures that the monitoring and reporting of levels of materials on hand is accurate
- Ensures the reporting of all minor repairs, running adjustments and maintenance work completed on their shift.
- General cleanliness and tidiness of the plant at all times
- Ability to assist when needed in all areas of maintenance.
- New equipment installations and commissioning.
- Works both independently and with teams demonstrating safe work practices and sharing knowledge while contributing to overall manufacturing continuous improvement.
- Understanding and regular creation and use of JSA’s and Sop’s.
- Active participation in all Health and Safety programs and general housekeeping.
- Ensures the standards established within the company’s quality program is followed including all in plant and/or external testing done hourly, daily, weekly and monthly
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 5 years of experience as a concrete products machine operator- Preferably big board equipment
- Min of 3 years of Shift Lead experience
- Identify and perform any needed running adjustments to the plant equipment
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems or breakdowns
- Possess supervisory and motivational skills
- Possess knowledge about maintenance in an industrial environment.